1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switching from diablosport to Wait4meperformance custom tune

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KyleZ71, Jul 21, 2011.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

After reaading HeavyChevy's posts, I contacted Wait3meperformance about their custom tunes. So now im stuck on getting their SCT programmer with 3 custom tunes. I think it's worth it, any thoughts. If I do buy their SCT, i'll be selling my U7193 Diablosport predator.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

yeah i've read alot of heavy chevys posts and sounds like it is a great way to go. Custom is always the best way to go. plus 3 custom tunes on a handheld is nice. let us know how it is after testing for a while. And a comparison to the diablo as those come highly rated as well.

If you dont mind my asking how much does the wait4me roughly cost.
  3. KyleZ71

I asked and it was $410. Thats for the SCT programmer (can read, reset codes, and data log just like the predator), and the three tunes to your liking. He just wants the vin# of the truck and the add ons I've done for it. So I'm thinking the first is 93 octane hp tune, a 89 octane hp tune, and a 87 octane economy tune.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Thats not bad at all. Well I hope you enjoy it when it comes in. Theres always something to add to the trucks wish list:lol:
  5. KyleZ71

Yeah, Ill make sure to rack and stack the tunes and the programmers.
  6. cmcimino

cmcimino New Member

If you buy it, how much will you sell the predator for? I've been looking at getting one and wouldn't mind helping you get rid of it.
  7. KyleZ71

Im thinking somewhere around 250-275. Its the U7193 with the PC cable set. Still in great shape.
  8. cmcimino

cmcimino New Member

OK what difference did you see in the mileage with it?
  9. KyleZ71

Well when I was on the throttle too much such as highway cursing I seen upwards of +4 mpg, also the higher octane grades get more benefit. Just around town and city driving got me +1-2 mpg more. It really helped the shifting and also the truck had more gitty up after the tune. It came with the 87 octane tune, as well as the Diablo (93 octane) tune.
  10. cmcimino

cmcimino New Member

Alright well let me know if your going to sell it. I'm getting exhaust next week hopefully so I'll have to see where I sit with money after that.