1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switching OEM Dashboard Lights for LEDs?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by asa.prevost, Mar 26, 2011.

1. asa.prevost

asa.prevost New Member

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra SLE 1500. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type bulbs are in the cluster? I can't match them anywhere! Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They are a strange type of solder-in incandescent bulb, not sure of the exact bulb #, but to replace them you would have to de-solder the stock bulbs and solder in LEDs w/ resistors probably. Check the member write-up section for an LED swap thread, there are a few of them on the site.
  3. asa.prevost

asa.prevost New Member

I looked around and couldn't find any relative to my model and make. I do know at 04 or so they changed from #194 to the type I have. I'm not the best with computers, but I've searched where I thought plausible. I've asked Napa, Oreillys, and other various stores and they too have no idea what type of bulb it runs off of. I even called the dealership and they can't look for the bulbs, as the only diagrams they have are for the cluster as a complete set, with gauges and all.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

all you need to do is solder in some 5 mm Leds with the proper resistors
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts