1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switching to tow mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Afalconsvick, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Afalconsvick

Afalconsvick New Member

Alright, right now I have power mirrors on 2008 1500 regular mirrors. I want to get some tow mirrors on eBay which have the turn signal, heat and power. Will I be able to just hook it up and go or do I need additional wiring to get the full functionality out of this mirror?
  2. ljmueller

ljmueller Member

Yes, they will work. It's the same plug inside the door. You probably have heated mirrors now and just don't know it. They come on with the rear defrost. I changed my mirrors to the Kool Vue tow mirrors and the new ones have turn signal in the glass.

Attached Files:

3. Afalconsvick

Afalconsvick New Member

Nice! I'm debating on if I want the turn signal in glass or the outside.. not sure
  4. ckfab

ckfab New Member

If you going to do it, might as well do the turn signal in the mirror, much better look afaic.
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Agree with other posters the inside the glass is much cleaner. But everyone has different tastes on style so look at both on other trucks and select what works best for you.
    Goodluck
  6. nickels

nickels New Member

Did you put the mirrors on your truck? Curious if all the functions worked? Want to do the same on my 2012 but I'm hearing the harness is different for signal and heat.
  7. Afalconsvick

Afalconsvick New Member

I'm actually expecting them in the mail today. I'll post back and let you know how it works.
  8. nickels

nickels New Member

Take a picture of your harness going to the mirror. I'm wondering if ours will be different? Now you have to get LTZ to get signal mirrors where in 08 you could get them as option on LT.So maybe in 08 they used same harness for all trucks? Dealer told me they don't think it will work in my truck, but not 100%.
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

I just put tow mirrors on my buddies 2012 it was the same as my 09 I got mine turn signals on the outside I like them cuz there led and I smoked the covers for them so it looks clean