1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switching to tow mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Afalconsvick, Jan 13, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. nickels

nickels New Member

What trim was the 2012 LT? You remeber how many wires were at connector?
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No difference. Same plug.
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It was an ltz but they use the same plugs. when u pull your door panel off under, ur window switches, is where everything plugs in. It's the same on all trucks
  4. nickels

nickels New Member

Ok just trying to figure out why local dealer told me that they wouldn't work. I know the switch on the ltz is different because it has the power fold in mirrors. Your saying it doesn't matter they'll work on my truck right? Just don't want to spend the extra $120 for the signal mirrors if they don't work.Thanks for the help guys! Also any tricks to getting panel off broke off a couple of the plastic pieces on last truck that snap in?
  5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check out Discountautomirrors.com. I got a set for $255
  6. ahmitchell1

My lt had power fold on it. Maybe he was sayin the tow mirrors won't fold, idk. And for the panel give it a little pop be care don't pull the panel to far away from the door until u disconnect the dar handle
  7. nickels

nickels New Member

The 2012's the signal and power fold isn't an option on LT's. Salesman told me chevy switched it to jst the ltz'z 2-3 years ago. My old truck had them power fold-heat- signal. I'm going to order them I'll report back my findings.
  8. ahmitchell1

My 09 is an lt2 and came stock power fold heat and turn signals, so and I know a guy with a 2010 with the same
  9. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 My buddy with '10 LT has power fold DL3 mirrors.