1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BowTieFan1, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a set of 880 silverstarts in my fog lights. I have HID's in my lows and highs, so i can't tell when i turn my fogs on hahaha, they are pretty white looking for a halogen bulb though. Not worth the $60 to me... I'd rather buy a cheap ebay HID instead.
  2. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree with the HID upgrade. I had Silverstar Ultras burn out shortly after the 1 year warranty expired. Did it on my explorer twice. I bought them for my Silverado but within the next 2 months I upgraded to HID's and haven't looked back since.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

'Upgraded' to HIDs? If you produce more glare to oncoming drivers with HIDs in your stock lamp assemblies (which you undoubtedly do unless you did a HID retrofit using a HID projector) then it's not an upgrade, it's actually a downgrade ... in safety ... for others and you. You may be able to see better but the increased glare caused by placing cheap HIDs into a halogen lamp assembly means others can't see as well due to that glare. Hence the downgrade.

I'm not knocking your choice I'm just laying out the facts. So many people slap cheap HIDs into their vehicle to see better and forget the repercussions on others around them. We don't own the road, we share it... and if our actions negatively impact others even a bit ... we've been irresponsible.

Surreal