1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sylvania Silverstar HID Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by TonyHimself, Mar 18, 2009.

1. TonyHimself

TonyHimself Member

alright i feel like an idiot at the moment.
    i bought a set of Sylvania Silverstars to replace my stock bulbs. and i cant get them to screw in properly =/

is there some trick to it or am i an idiot?

also i drive a 2002 silverado 1500
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Whaty point are you stuck at? I took photos of my 2002 Trailblazer when I installed the Silverstar HID lights last December, but I'm not sure it's the same thing.
  3. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

My HID's werea b~*~* to install..
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the Sylvania Silverstal Ultras and they are just a direct replacement for the OEM bulbs and no special fittment or installation is required.

2002 CHEVROLET Pickup, Silverado

Low beam headlamp
    9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
    9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
    9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
    9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

High beam headlamp
    9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
    9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
    9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
    9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light
  5. TonyHimself

TonyHimself Member

oops, not HID's just the bulb replacements. i took out my oem bulbs and was trying to put the Silverstars in but i cant get them to lock in place
  6. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Did you buy the right blulb?
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

One of my Silverstars just went out. That was just about exactly a year since I installed in - 54 or 55 weeks actually.

Not really all that long to be honest, that might get a bit old to have to replace them each year.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sylvania Silverstar HID

I had trouble when replacing with Piaas. Took CRC electrical spray and sprayed where the bulds slid in and cleaned the dirt build up out and they then slide in.
  9. TonyHimself

TonyHimself Member

mine are still working like a charm, two more months until its been a year.
  10. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looking at the Orsam/Sylvania web site, the Silverstar Ultras are only showing a life of 60 hours. Better get a sack full.