1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sylvania SilverStar zXe bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by KyleZ71, Aug 19, 2013.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I promised Enkei I would post pictures of the bulbs once I installed them so here they are. I am honestly very impressed with how bright these bulbs are. I had the brightest bulbs Putco made and these Sylvania blew them out of the water! They fit in the housing better IMO, and look better too. The driver side of the truck had the Silverstar zXe's in and the passenger side had the Putco's in. Just look at the difference. The first picture is the low beams, the second the highs

photo (8).jpg photo (9).jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks and Congrats again.. Enjoy the New Lights....:great: Look for the new GiveAway soon....
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have to say that I had doubts about the zXe at first. I figured that it was just another gimmick. But, I have only seen positive things about these bulbs over the last year.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks great. Maybe we should get more of these to give away. Haha
  5. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Just moved back into college, and the first day of senior year is almost over. I absolutely love these lights, and will have to check out if they make these for our fog lights.
    I never really my high beams much, as I preferred my lows with the fog lights on. Now I use the high beams much more. Thanks again!
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

imight have to look into these, my lows have always been a smidge disapointing for me, the highs are great tho.

Alex
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The H3's are out I have a set here I still have to put in. As soon as I get a free Sec I will do a full review.. Had a 16 Hr night and just got home from Md/Del/Pa then Cape May NJ Long Drive..

Congrats again
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'll be interested in seeing how you like these through the winter. It's one thing in the summer when we have longer days, but i'd love to know what you think of them longer-term.
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats on winning them and thank you for taking the time to post pics and feedback!!!
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am also curious. I had the piaa ultra white plus bulbs in my 2003 yukon xl. They were great all summer. Great on pitch black nights with no moon. In rain the wet roads were kinda hard to see. In a heavy snow the light from the bulbs reflected back off of the snow and created a wall of white. I could not see more than 10 feet in front of me.It was like having my brights on in a fog. I happened to have my stock bulbs with me. I pulled over and switched back to them. I could actually see for the rest of my 50 mile trip home.