1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

synthetic fuel... yes or no?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by jerrynino, Nov 29, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member 100 Posts

does synthetic fuel really matter on a new daily driver truck?
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If your truck is certified for use of E85 then it sure won't hurt to use it, but you will loose some "mpg". It is cheaper, but takes more to make the same power. You'd have to do the math to see if it was really saving anything. Good luck!
  3. jerrynino

by e85 you mean ethanol right?
    no my truck does not use ethanol just unleaded and i tend to use the least expensive of the three... (regular unleaded)
  4. RWK

RWK New Member

Our 2009 Burb, says FlexFuel on the back. It can take the E85 fuel, but it is not available in Alaska.
  5. RVJ

RVJ Member 100 Posts

I don't know about where you live but the cheapest of the three offered here is 10 percent Ethanol. The unleaded regular runs 10 cents a gallon more.
  6. jerrynino

now im getting confused... and a little away from the initial question lol
    hey rvj... is your sig a true story? (japanese plumber) thats freaking hilarious
  7. RVJ

RVJ Member 100 Posts

No, the part about the plumber is not true. It's to make people think about what would happen if everyone spent money based on perceptions of someone elses quality.
    Besides, some of those pipe wrenches are quite large:rofl:
  8. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well, I am not sure what you are asking then?? If your truck is not E85 capable then you cant use it, or are looking to get a new one and are curious about the E85??
  9. jerrynino

im such an idiot... i just realized my mistake... i wanted to know about synthetic OIL... not fuel

sorry for the mixup everyone:slap:
    so with that cleared up, synthetic oil on daily driver yes or no?
  10. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

my dad has an 07 NBS Crew Z71 with the 6.0, he switched to synthetic about 9 months ago and has gained 1MPG from it, it costs a little more but for the length you can go on one oil change I think it would be worth it, he has his done at the dealership and costs around 85 a change. He has yet to switch over the rest of the fluids but I think he is going to next summer. Your first change to full synthetic can only fun for like 500 miles or something like that as the synthetic pulls out the gunk and crap in the engine, so I would say yes go for it!!