1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Synthetic Oils

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 6simons, Feb 8, 2010.

1. 6simons

6simons New Member

I've used synthetic oils for years (Mobil 1, L/E, etc.) in various engines, but I've never done anything with the transmission, transfer case, or differentials.
    Does anyone have any feedback on whether or not changing to synthetics in these is worth the trouble and expense?
    Thanks!
  2. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

I have had my truck for a year, and I and the guy before me just ran the factory recommended oil in it. I've never had any oil-related problems
  3. Chad01

Chad01 New Member

I guess it really all depends on how you are running your truck... if you're hammering on it I would switch to a synthetic, but if you're just commuting and and occasional hauler, conventional is fine. Maybe just some reassurance to go synthetic if you have a few more dollars to throw down on it.