1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taboo: If you had to get a non GM truck, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AnimalYates, May 29, 2012.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Just something to think about. If you HAD to get a non General motor's truck, what would it be? And please, none of that petty immature stuff you see all over the internet about how 'Dodge rules, ford sucks!' Etc. Obviously we can all agree that GM is our top choice for a truck, but there are reasons that Ford, Dodge, Nissan, etc sell so many pickups year after year. So what would it be?

I am personally a fan of the Ford Super Duty's. I think they have a great styling cue's to them, as 08-newer F250/350 are my favorite trucks next to the GM line. The boxy body style and front grille really set it off for me. I also like the Powerstoke engine's aside from the early versions of the 6.0.. the classic 7.3 was a beast. Ford also has more than several trims to choose from which is another reason for my choice, my favorite being the 'Lariat' as opposed to the over the top 'King Ranch.' I came close to buying a red 08 F250 5.4L Supercrew, and at one point an 08 electric blue 5.7 Ram, but obviously I went the best route and landed in the driver's seat in my plush, powerful, and reliable GMC.
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I used to drive a Nissan Pathfinder.. that was a beast, beat that into the ground LOL then got smart and bought a GMC Envoy!!! :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

IF i had to get a non gm vehicle,it would prolly be a 07-08 Ford F-350 Powerstroke...THATS IF I HAD TOO lol :no:
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

if i had to, and it was a truck? hmmmmm i think id go old school and get a 98 ram. just something about that year body style ram i have always liked.

either that or one of those new TRD 4x4 5.7 tundras... those are pretty nice trucks.

Alex
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would go with a 78/79 Ford Bronco, an Excursion fully loaded with everything but leather and a diesel engine, or a mid to late 80s Ford F-350 crew cab dually. The Bronco and Excursion would both get jacked up with huge tires; I'd keep the F-350 pretty stock.
  6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

2012 Ford Raptor Super Crew.
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Uh for me it would be a 92-94 Bronco with a 351
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Anything with a cummins love our 06
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oshkosh, for sure. :)
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd go back to driving my Tacoma, it's still sitting in the driveway getting dusty.