Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Taboo: If you had to get a non GM truck, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AnimalYates, May 29, 2012.

1. dogred

dogred Member

The only other truck I would consider would be an early early 70's-early 80's Datsun pickup, can't beat the mileage and they are built tough as nails for their size. You won't get anywhere fast but I had a blast in my 83 Datsun. R.I.P.

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Dodge cummins equipped, hands down for a pick up.
    Any truck? A good old Pete

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

well, ANY truck? i change mine to one of those new peterbuilt semis.... a 389 maybe.

Alex

1 person likes this.
  4. Coach24

369,379,389. If someone is giving them away I would not be too picky . The styling is on target and the new aero styles are hideous.

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

alot of the new semis are just ugly. some of the new macks look nice tho.

Alex

6. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well before I picked up Betty, I did take a Nissan Titan and Xterra for a test drive. Wasn't too impressed with either. However, I'd have to say I'd probably pick up a Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD.

7. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

If I had my own OTR big truck would be a Freightliner Classic/Detroit or Kenworth W900/Cat. Mack CH series with 400 eng. for local heavy hauling

8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I also test drove a Titan before picking up my current Sierra. The body felt like it was made of plastic, and that 5.6 V8 has no balls.

9. Denise

Denise Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

I would go with either a F-150 crew cab, i have rented a couple of those and had owned one years ago, or I would look in the Dodge line up.

10. Coach24

Oh Denise bite yer tongue:lol: Hey good to see you back on site after yer vacation:glasses:.
    Seriously though I have to thank those guys that put their problems in a Blue oval. Because with out them my tools would rust.:rofl: Oh Just Smile and Have a Great day

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Well I tend to agree on the Freightliner with the Detroit as it got the best fuel mileage of all the trucks in a fleet I managed. It Beat the KW and Volvo's hands down.
    But a PETE just can't be beat for style and Prestige. Kinda like the Bowtie of class 8 trucks.
    http://youtu.be/oCHkDYfdZKk