1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taboo: If you had to get a non GM truck, what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AnimalYates, May 29, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sadly this is so and the quality control is virtually non existent. It is a shame but I guess they all want to sell additional parts and new rigs at 5 year increments
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

something to be said for old trucks. built to last and a whole lot easier to work on to boot.

Alex
  3. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member 100 Posts

I have yet to see a 5.7 with a manual. All I've ever seen with a manual out of the Rams with the newer ones are the V6 and the 4.7L V8 as far as gas motors are concerned. For that matter, I don't ever recall seeing a 360 Magnum mated to a manual.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

i know the diesel dodges can be had in a manual.

Alex
  5. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member 100 Posts

I knew the diesels could be had in manual which is why I specified gasoline motors. I just didn't know you could get the 5.7 Hemi with a manual. Those are stout motors that's for sure.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

i guess if i decide to ever get a manual, dodge will be it.

Alex
  7. Coach24

After being offered a hefty price for my silverado I went to test drive trucks.

Chevy has best ride. Chevy had noise coming from the back passenger compartment nd trans was still frustrating with variable shift patterns
    Ford is roomiest - Fords options were less than similar options on Chev/GMC
    Dodge had best get up and go. Dodge had most options for price range
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

And the Dodge is good for how many years/miles?
  9. Coach24

Oh,I forgot to mention warranties.
    But in my opinion old school Gm's lasted much longer than any competitor.
    Based on those I know own recent model Dodges the Dodge seems to hold up much better than in the past. No statistical figures here though.
    I can say my Silverado has been in the shop more often than my nephews Dodge . Both were purchased around the same time and again that is only two vehicles so not really a true test.
    I have always been a GM man as has my family(DAD) but I am looking to see if other options are available since GM snubs theier nose at obvious issues on the newer GM trucks.
  10. donl

donl New Member 100 Posts

For me it'll be a F150...GM going the welfare "bailout" route really sticks in my craw. It would be different if they were paying back like it was a loan. But they don't have to and since they are turning a nice profit they are off scott free. Maybe I was just raised wrong.