1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tachometer needle shakes on idle!

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by joeylambre, Dec 24, 2011.

1. joeylambre

joeylambre New Member

Hi i have a 94 GMC Sierra c1500 5.7L and recently i had electrical problems and my alternator died i replaced it and had to replace my battery as well but since then my truck doesn't run the same. Its noticeably slower and my tachometer needle shakes. My guess is my distributor is going bad. Anyone ever experience the same problems or have any suggestions?
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

its deffentallly a possibility you might want to inspect the whole electrical system. some times when one part of the system fails and has to be replaced the whole system is effected.
  3. joeylambre

joeylambre New Member

yea that sounds like a good idea because it started with the alternator then the battery died and now my tachometer and it feels like it lost some power. thanks for the tip!
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

no problem!