1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tachometer

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by challutz, Jan 15, 2009.

1. challutz

challutz New Member

my tachometer on my 04 quit working any ideas???? thanx cw
  2. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

How many miles? Does all other gauges work? 03-04 clusters had recalls due to various issues with them. Recall is for 7yrs/70k miles, check your local dealer and see if you qualify.

Jeff
  3. wrbailey

wrbailey New Member

tach and speedo problems

Old post, but figured if I found it others will. Have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD and I just dropped it off at the dealership for the tach/speedo problems (tach would peg itself at 6000 and speedo would jump around). I have 71600 miles and the service writer told me below 70k/7years they cover everything, but between 70 and 80k miles you pay for labor = about $80 and they cover the cluster cost. $80 instead of $500, only way to beat that would for it to be a actual recall...
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

I realize this is old but little story about this... I had my cluster replaced in my 03 Escalade ext under this service bulletin. GM said "Oh were sorry your truck is 7 years and 1 month old. My milage was 63,000ish at the time. So they did the we will supply the parts and you pay for labor so thats what I did and it cost me $175 for labor. Well 8 months later the tachometer in the new cluster died. Called GM and well Im out of luck.. No warranty on the replacement cluster. What a joke...