Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tactical Chevy

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by randomsandwhich, Apr 15, 2011.

1. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Tactical edition emblems were available over the counter at HUmmer dealers. Guys with H3,s were putting them on their rigs. Some dealers may still have them.

2. Cyric

Cyric New Member

I'll take one of these trucks please.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

See my photo album for a pic of one on fort story. Baby boys on post have 4 chevys i think. 2 nnbs crew cabs with beds in OD green and 2 nbs extended cabs with service bodies in tan. I'll get some pics for you guys sometime if I can.

Alex

4. Any one know why all the exhaust pipes on every vehicle is covered? Just wondering, probably a stupid question. Also is that a Dozer sitting behind the truck? Looks BA.

5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I wouldn't call that a stupid question because I once asked the same thing. All of the embassy (armored) Tahoes and Suburbans I used to ride in had covered exhaust pipes too so I asked some of the security guys back then. They said that it is a precaution to prevent the possibility of sabotage during conveys (i.e. placing large objects in the exhaust pipes to obstruct air flow and cause a disabled vehicle or inserting explosives). It's just a security measure. Now, I'm not sure if that's the same objective in this case, but that's what I was told then anyway....

6. You would think they would have a better method than that... looks like your average plastic bag and some duct tape, but I suppose if someone wasn't smart and messed with it they'd know.

7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Well on these it was more of a metal honeycomb cutout that was welded on so that the air could still flow out but you didn't have a fully open pipe. I don't think it's really that big of a concern. Those vehicles were inspected with undercarriage mirrors, swabbed and tested for explosive residue, and inspected under the hood before even being allowed to enter the embassy gates. I think the exhaust grate was just for extra piece of mind. LoL.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The riced out headlights are making me frown because I know it's my tax dollars at work. :gasp: