1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tag light housing

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kwconch021, Oct 16, 2010.

1. kwconch021

kwconch021 Rockstar

alright, so i was sweepin debris outta my bed, closed the tailgate, and started sweepin the bumper when SNAP!
    dam tag light housing got snagged and a clip on it broke..
    ive found the product number by way of google but you see i dont really wanna buy another pair/one..

havent had the chance to fiddle with it but does anyone have a decently detailed quik how to for removing these suckers?

might have to find another silvy with an intact housing....
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have a look at my answer here. Hopefully this is what you were looking for!
    1 person likes this.
  3. kwconch021

kwconch021 Rockstar

spring thing- your a gentleman and a scholar. thank you!
  4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm sorry it's not the information you wanted, really, but for the $15 or so, I think? Isn't too bad...

Also, you could just try epoxy resin to put it back on.. :)
  5. kwconch021

kwconch021 Rockstar

i was thinking that too, gorilla glue, epoxy or even elec tape to make it thicker in that part where the clip broke just temporarily until i get my hands on another one.. i gotta look at it real good, how it goes in, how it stays in etc etc to determine where to epoxy or tape...

might even paint em white to match the truck too.. maybe it would look to funny against a chrome bumper tho??