1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tag or license light covers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Black & Tan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Black & Tan

Black & Tan New Member

Guys, I lost one of my tag light covers on my '08. Anyone know where I can get another one or replace my factory black ones with chrome if I have to order the pair? Thanks.
  2. kwconch021

kwconch021 New Member

i too would love to know this.. i have an 06 and was brushin out dirt leaves and debris from my bed... started sweepin the bumper up and hit that housing hard enough to break one of the clips.. it stays in place but is VERY wobbly..

i would love to know how to remove the actual housing from the bumper bc its a lot harder than i thought when i started messing with the good intact one..

black & tan- are there plenty of other NBS in your area? like work trucks? reach under the bumper and im thinking if you squeeze hard enough the clips will loosen and the housing should pop off...

i am in no way condoning robbery of items from another vehicle, although it could be a cheap fix!!
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

I'm not sure what you are meaning but sounds like you are looking for one of the two license plate lights, right? Have a look here and see if this is what you are needing. You can match it up to the schematic and order it through part number and/or call them and tell them what it is exactly what you are needing.

If it's ALMOST what you need, have a look around this site and I'm sure you can find it.

Also....eBay!! :)

Good luck on your search.

Black&Tan, I apologize I didn't see your post earlier. Hopefully you will still get this information if you haven't already replaced the part(s) you were wanting.
  4. Badbrad469

Badbrad469 New Member

autozone sells the chrome ones. i think they're like 6 bucks for one. they're in the "help" section of the store.
  5. Black & Tan

Black & Tan New Member

Going by to check today. Thanks.