Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tags

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigrRed18, Oct 14, 2011.

1. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

Hey guys i have been noticeing lately that some on some new body style chevys that some have a tag holder on the front bumper and some dont why is that? reason im asking is because my truck is a 2010 and it has the tag holder on the front and i kinda would rather not have one.

2. Steban

Steban Rockstar

Are u talking about the license plate holder? If so you could easily take it off, just make sure it is legal, here in California its the law to have a front license plate.

3. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

yea thats what i meant but im in georgia so i dont think it matters. ill look at it and see though because there are four screws on it and i didnt know what they are for.

4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Yeah you have to have on in Texas to, wish I didn't though, I think not having one would make the truck look so much better

5. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

yea does anybody know what kind of tool you use to take it out beacuse it not a philips head or flat head screwdriver? and i honestly dont know?

6. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Maybe a nut driver or a torx. Seems like mine is held on with with bolts that have a slot for a flat head screwdriver.

7. Steban

Steban Rockstar

Take a pic of it. I'm almost positive the license plate holder is held on by rivets. In that case you have to drill them out. Those rivets should be aluminium, so it shouldn't be very difficult.I have a custom license plate number so I don't mind mine.

8. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

The lower portion of the these "bumpers" is plastic. They aren't held on by rivets.