Tahoe ABS light intermittant

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ChevyMac, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ChevyMac

ChevyMac New Member

I have a 2001 Tahoe with ABS light and brake light coming on intermittantly. The code it sets is C0265. I know there is a tech bulletin out there on this, but can't get the details. It seems to come on when I hit bumps in the road, and at times is unaffected. The mechanic said replace the EBCM at over $1000. Any thoughts before I take this plunge?

2. fredstorm

fredstorm New Member

ChevyMac - I too have an '01 Tahoe that recently began the exact same behavior! Please let me know if you find a resolution. I'll do the same!

3. ChevyPrincess

ChevyPrincess Rockstar

I found this on a site not sure if it will help you or not

Diagnostic Aids
    C0265
    An intermittent DTC C0265 may be caused by a problem in the battery positive voltage circuit wiring or connection to the EBCM.
    Thoroughly inspect connections or circuitry that may cause an intermittent malfunction. Inspect for the following:

* Backed out terminals
    * Improper mating
    * Broken locks
    * Corrosion
    * Improperly formed or damaged terminals
    * Poor terminal-to-wiring connections
    * Physically damaged wiring
    * Wiring broken inside the insulation

http://www.blazerforum.com/m_147323/tm.htm thats the site its on... apparently very common problem. Hope that helps

4. chevymastertech

chevymastertech New Member

That code indicates a faulty EBCM (ABS module), very common problem, I had the same issue with my own truck and had seen many cases on my years as a chevy tech, a new module runs for about $800 and up to $1200, however there are many rebuilders out there, I highly reccomend www.glezebcmclusterrebuild.com, I have personally used them many times and their service is far superior than others, you should give em a call. the full link is: https://sites.google.com/site/glezebcmclusterrebuild/class-schedule

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014