Tahoe Diff Issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by rjr, Mar 24, 2014.

1. rjr

rjr New Member

I own a 2007 Tahoe w/ 214k miles on it. My rear dif started making a loud noise so i took it to the dealer and they said i needed to replace the ring n pinion. Since I tow quite a bit, I opted to change from the stock 3:73 to 4:10. Truck runs great but speedo is now not calibrated properly. I tried to do it with an after market tuner but it did not work.
    I took it back to the dealer and they can't re-calibrate it because it's not the factory installed unit.
    I went with the 4:10 because chevy offered it as an option for this truck.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

what tuner did you try to change it with?

3. rjr

rjr New Member

Suprchips...it has a provision for it but it did NOT work...

4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey rjr,

I’m sorry to hear that you had this problem with your Tahoe. I understand that you have taken your truck to the dealership for a diagnosis. Feel free to follow up with us about your dealership visit. I will be glad to document your feedback within our system. I am not properly trained to offer technical advice but if you have any other questions or concerns I will be glad to look further into it for you. We can be reached via private message if any extra help is needed.

Kristen A.
    GM Customer Care

5. rjr

rjr New Member

Forgot to post...

The dealer contacted me a week later after the diff install and they asked me to bring in the truck and a tech from GM was going to write a program for my truck to allow for the new diff to work properly with the transmission and the ABS. The speedo and transmission work perfectly now. Had a trooper friend of mine radar my speed and I'm within 1-2 miles at 65 mph and 70 mph.
    The acceleration is greatly improved. Took off more than a second from 0-60. I'm back down to 8.2-8.4 sec. 0-60. Not bad for 305/70-17 rubber!!!
    I also have a suprchips towing tune, airaid intake, and high-flow cats and magnaflow exhausts.