1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tahoe making cicking sound

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by z714x4hoe, Jul 5, 2009.

1. z714x4hoe

z714x4hoe New Member

i have a 2000 chevy tahoe 5.7 v8 when i accelerate and go in reverse i have a clicking sound coming from under the truck, and have not been able to put my finger on it..... any thgouhts?
  2. twiggy

twiggy New Member

I have a 99 tahoe that does the same thing.. same engine.... i really only hear it when i'm driving under 10 MPH or deaccelerating....

I've looked everywhere, i cant find anything......
  3. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

Check your u-joints, I had the same problem with my 99 yukon and at low speeds I could hear it but at highway speeds it seemed to go away. I replaced the rear ones first and it wasn't the problem, I then did the fronts and it went away. I recommend not getting the cheap "autozone" one's, I went that route and they lasted about 6 months. Hope this helps.
  4. freddie

freddie New Member

I had a 99 silverado and it was the u-joints too. It was the drive shaft from the trans to the rear end and not the 4x4 drive shaft. I had two for some reason.