Audio Tahoe speakers.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Conlan Rose, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I would save and do it. If money is the problem. A cheap good speaker Sony Xplod.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'm a high school student money is always a problem. :grrrrrr:

3. Curky

Wal-Mart carries them, when I had no money and in school that is what I got. They are a good speaker for the money for sure. Go cut 2 lawn at $20 per lawn and done. If you have to cut 3 at $10 per just to make sure you get the job. Is 3-4 hrs of one day worth it?

4. Conlan Rose

I already do work like that when ever I can. I'm trying to start up my own business I work with one of my friends.

5. Curky

6. Conlan Rose

Thanks for the link, to be honest the prices aren't to bad.

7. Curky

anytime......

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They will be fine for your price range.. As for the Build Not that hard Take the Carpeted shield off the 4x10's carefull Don't pinch the roofliner. Take out the speaker and the holder. Cut out some Cardboard first to the opening of the factory Location then to where the 4x10's go to. Find the screw holes and make a mark and small hole. After find the wood you want to use and cut it to match the size. and mark the Screw holes. Then when you get your new speakers trace the Hole for the speaker that will mount to the wood, (Inner hole NOT the Whole speaker) Mount speaker to Wood and mount into truck.

9. Conlan Rose

Will the old speaker cover fit back on or no? Also which speakers were the good ones for my price range since multiple links were posted.

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As long as it's not to deep and the tweeter not sticking out that much the old covers should fit fine.. As for speakers Any good 5 1/4 should be fine in there. You won't hear it much up front..