Tahoe Squeaking Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ace2878, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ace2878

ace2878 New Member

The steering wheel on my 2007 Tahoe squeaks when it is cold outside. I brought it into the dealer when it was under warranty and they temporarily fixed the issue. They said they took the steering column apart and greased a bunch of stuff. Needless to say the issue has returned and I am no longer under warranty. it really seems like it is the plastic from the steering wheel rubbing against the steering column, but I can't see where. Anyone else had this issue and/or no the best way to fix it?

2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Ya I've had that it was that rubber trim under the dash bezel rubbing on colum

3. ace2878

ace2878 New Member

What did you do to fix this issue? Did you trim the rubber trim, or did you lubricate it in some way so it wouldn't squeak anymore?

4. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

If I remember it was in the two halves that cover the column and when i had the remote start installed they took that apart to overide the key sensor it stopped sqeeking but it was up agianst the back of the wheel