Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tahoe wont star after impact?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bassalive, Dec 25, 2011.

1. bassalive

bassalive Rockstar 100 Posts

About an hour ago I was heading to town from the lodge, and the Tahoe lost her footing and began slidin sideways on the ice. Well a phone pole brought me to halt right in the passenger door.she was running when she stopped but stalled and now won't start?? any ideas.?

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

There is an inertia switch somewhere that triggered. I have no idea where it is in the Tahoe, but I know on some rigs it's under the dash on the passenger side. That's my guess anyway.

3. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Glad there were no injuries.

You do not say what year Tahoe you have. I did not see it on your profile either. I looked in my manuals for my 98 burb and did not see anything like a safety switch that would need to be reset after a collision. However, I will look further and see if there is one. Can you tell me the model year?

4. Jimmeh

Judging from the signature picture, looks to be a late 90's model. I'm surprised that these rigs may not actually have the inertia switch. Even my 92 Ford Ranger has one....

5. bassalive

she is a 1999

She is a 1999 Tahoe.

6. Jimmeh

Well, I was incorrect. GM vehicles are not equipped with an inertia switch....

7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Check wiring to the fuel pump as well as lines to filter
    Hope only the Tahoe took the hit. You don't say if there was a passenger.
    Good luck.

8. Caddiac

I thought Jimmeh was right about the inertia switch but I did not know for certain. I looked all through my manual and saw nothing that should have been impacted on the passengers side that would keep it from starting. Do you hear the fuel pump come on with the switch or stay on briefly after the key is turned off? If not check the fuel pump relay. I can scan the pages for fuel system diagnosis if need be. I do not believe in coincidence so something must have been jarred loose.

9. bassalive

I'm sorry, I didn't really explain. No passenger it was just me, I did hurt my leg abit, but nothin serious. The window impoaded onto the seat.

10. Caddiac

I guessed as much but wanted to be sure. My 87 Bronco II have a switch if I recall correctly. I was surprised too. Of course if you roll a Burb or a Hoe, the engine should cut out and the pump stop anyway.