1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TahoeBabe From West Coast 2 East Coast and Back!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by TahoeBabe, Aug 26, 2005.

1. TahoeBabe

TahoeBabe New Member

Wow! Cool forum. Let me start with I am planning on moving to Oregon in the near future to start a whole new life..this one is kind of done. Well, anyway, I've traveled from So. California to Florida and back in my Tahoe which did great for 3k miles. I have 131k on it and I've just started replacing things that wear out over time and use. Biggest thing was the manifold..but that's taken care of. Nothing happened on Highway 10 west or east. Saw some beautiful country out there..actually drove it 4 times. First 3 were in my 1990 Dodge Ram 1500 Extended Cab with over 192k on it. Sold it in Florida with 215k (it was still running like new) and did the trip with the Tahoe.
    I'd sure love to get a 2005 though. That is NOT going to happen unless some sweet guy wants to give me one...or I win the lotto!
    I drove it alone with the exception of my 7 y.o. Golden Retreiver. WishI could post pics of the road...can I? Don't see a download for it.
    Of course living in So. California you go to all the usual places..and try to find new ones. But, I'm planning on moving with the Tahoe to Portland area for a much slower paced life. California is now wayyyyyyyy to overpopulated with traffic and the human rat race. Sometimes you just can't catch your breath!
    Driving thru Arizona, New Mex., Texas, Lousiana, Alabama,...all those lower states was awesome.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like you've been down a lot of the same road that I've been. I've driven it all. Except I lived in Seattle for 12 years and made the north-south I-5 trip a number of times. Lived in South Orange County for the summer of 1995 and have been in Texas since 99.

Hope that you like your new home in Oregon.

btw, I'm working on getting the photo gallery up on here, just give me a little time. :)
  3. HotWheels

HotWheels New Member

If you happen to see a light silver 2000 w/ a soft grey roof pack and 2 mountain bikes on the back, one of the bright green w/ black flames...give me a wave.

Check the Road Trip thread.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You're in some pretty part of the world, I'll tell you that. Nice driving country to go through.
  5. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

You'll like Oregon, portland is too populated for me. I like smaller towns. Hope you don't mind the rain though lol.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I visit Portland at least once a year, but if I were going to live there it would have to be closer to the coast. I like the central coast best, but nearly anyplace is good. Have fun!
  7. Z71_usmc_rebel

Z71_usmc_rebel Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

welcome to the site! sounds like u have done some good travelin!

also u can post pics on photobucket.com and then put the links on here!
  8. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

i love the city and would never leave it ..GL with your travel