Tail light and brake light recall

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by smiddy, Mar 10, 2005.

1. smiddy

smiddy New Member

I had the service work done on my old 2002 Trailblazer (before I sold it). I was very please when I took it in to get the tail lights replaced that my dealer instantly gave me a rental car for the night. Picked it up the next morning and all is well.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got the tail lights replaced in my '02 Trailblazer and it was a piece of cake. My dealer also gave me a free 2005 Envoy rental as well. I should have taken it in the last thing on Friday night so I would have gotten my rental for the weekend. However, I was very happy to get my own vehicle back.

3. ozarka

ozarka New Member

Had mine replaced at the dealer in December. They had me in and out in about 45 minutes. No appointment, no waiting, no sweat.

4. AwfulSmell

AwfulSmell New Member

Hmm, I wasn't aware that there was a recall on this. What are the details on it?

5. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

I haven't had mine looked at either. It's such a pain to take it to the dealer, etc.

6. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I think that the dealers have been pretty good about these cheifly because GM has been so good about paying them for this recall work. Like people we saying, they're getting rental cars for the weekend becuase GM's trying to be proactive about this.

7. StumpJumper

StumpJumper New Member

I've had nothing but good times with my dealership. Take care of me very well. But then again I do buy a new rig every 2 years.

8. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Had mine replaced. Took them like 2 hours. No biggie at all. Dropped it off in the morning and picked it up at lunch.

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Like I said, I got a bunch of stuff done at the same time, so it took a full day for me. But they gave me a rental 2005 Envoy, that was nice.

10. miser01

miser01 New Member

Tail light recall

I just purchased 2002 TB and called the dealer when I found out about these recalls. I don't pick the vehicle up until Monday, the Manager assured me all will be checked and replaced. Its a good thing I found this site its nice to see everyone helping each other. My next question is what else should I expect (Good or Bad) as this is my first trailblazer. Thanks Miser01