Tail light not mounting flush

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by UpsetProps, Apr 25, 2012.

1. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I installed some Spyder LED tail lights, and the driver side tail light will not sit flush.

It is about 1/4" or 3/8" too far in at the top and beside the tail gate.

Anyone have any experience with tail lights doing this?

Is there a way I could get a spacer in between the tail light and the body mount points?

I will post pictures later. Thanks.

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is not all that unexpected with aftermarket parts. Same thing applies to non OEM body panels and just about everything else that you can buy aftermarket. The upper screw hole is probably tapped in the wrong place. now, they could have had a bad one, a bad batch or they may ALL be that way. You could try to send it back and see if they will exchange it for you, but the bigger problem is that if you get it to sit flush, there will probably be a gap at the top of the light between the bed and the light. I will wait for pictures and try to come up with something better.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Post pics and as said above.. Some Aftermarket things just don't fit.. Want to borrow my Shoe Horn?

4. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I managed to make it fit almost flush by using some little strips of foam with adhesive on one side. I attached them on the top and bottom screw points inside the light so that the screws don't suck it in so far.