Tailgate Bowtie peelimg?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ljmueller, Oct 11, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member 100 Posts

Just wondering how many of you have had to have your bowtie replaced because the inside appears to be coming apart. I am on my 3rd one already. Seems like it gets water in it. Hard to believe they can't get it right.:frown:
  2. Fenian

Fenian New Member

I picked my 2011 Ext Cab LT up in January or so and the bowtie started peeling shortly thereafter. Thankfully this has been the only issue I've had with the truck, so I'm waiting for another warranty issue to bring the truck in to have it replaced.

This is basic and should have been remedied a long time ago, considering how common it is.
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I replaced mine for the 1st time in January of 2010 and its been fine so far.
  4. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

I am sorry to hear about the concern that you are having with your vehicle, but I am glad to see that you are planning to contact your local dealer for assistance. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mrs. STB also had three replaced on here '05 Trialblazer in the first two years.
  6. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member 100 Posts

Don't get me wrong, my dealer has been good as far as changing it, it's just a hassle to have to take it in for something so dumb.
  7. kshephard

kshephard New Member

I got tired of wasting my time at the dealer... I removed it and like it better clean!

Not gonna have a messed up bowtie on my truck.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am on number 2 so far and also had the right rear bumper replaced due to rusting from inside. That was with 3 months on the truck.