1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

TailGate Bowtie

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Duncan_Z71, May 5, 2009.

1. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 Rockstar

Im sure yall all know there is a bowtie on the tailgate of the new chevy trucks.
    and im wondering if they are like the molding like stick on. or are the bolted on???

Im wanting to put one on my 2001 Silverado

2. 2008blackWT

2008blackWT Rockstar

it should be tape on cause i have seen the truck with out them and there are no wholes and they were too new to be doing a mod like that. I tried taking mine off and got too scared that i was going to scratch the paint. it is big and has alot of surface covered with tape.

3. Tac-One

Tac-One New Member

Tailgate Bow Tie

Yes, the bow tie on the tailgate is mounted with adhesive tape. I just took mine off of my '09 Silverado.

4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Double sided tape had to take mine off to paint replaced with new tape. If you put some heat on it. The tape will come off easier.