1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tailgate handle lock

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by jerrynino, Jun 5, 2009.

1. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

my truck didnt come with a lock on the tailgate handle... if i buy one off of ebay how do i know itll work with my key?
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

If you want it to work with your key for your truck, you'll need to look for the oem locking handle. I bought mine off of ebay and it works great. make sure its oem and not like oem (pop-lock)
  3. jerrynino

hey adidas!
    i havent heard from you in a while... hey man how much did you pay for your locking handle if you dont mind me asking? and also, is the handle lock universal to all silverado keys or how does that work?
  4. adidasboy918

it's actually a gm tailgate handle I bought brand new. You can buy one from the dealer or you can find some of them on ebay selling them. All you do it follow the directions that come with it, you do all the install. Once it's in then you put your truck key in and it will code the lock to your key. very simple actually. took me and 10-15mins to do it all. The only thing is you have to follow what it says to the "T" because once you put the key in and turn the lock it codes it, if you dont do what it says and mess up you have to buy another one. it's One chance only.
  5. jerrynino

oooh... sound like a challenge lol... im gonna look into that then thanks
  6. adidasboy918

7. jerrynino

wow thanks man... thats what i was looking for