1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tailgate light strip/bar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sgtsjj, May 21, 2011.

1. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ebay, there's so many different kinds. I would recommend going with brand name bar's though. I see so many no names driving around with burnt out LED's and non functional sides.

Good luck!

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ya I had this one:

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A4298A0A0.aspx

It was a good light bar and easy to install. I had to take it off however when I got my roll pan as it wouldnt fit any longer due to how the roll pan fit. I did install it behind the rear seat at the bottom of the rear window for a while...but if you have a system in your truck it makes the light bar flex and vibrate against the rear window which is annoying :)

4. sgtsjj

The fire and ice one is sick! The main reason why the ledunderbody one tuck out to me is because it has the amber for turn signals Ive never seen that on a truck before, atleast aroud here I defiantly have to shop around. Thanks for the link sstoner!

5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you still have it?!

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ive been toying with getting one of these as well.

Alex

8. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i forgot which one i had it was a off brand i bought when i first got my truck back in 08 and some bulb's went out i would recommend the recon tailgate light bar's they are only $59 bucks on there site will be buying one soon to replace my old one that isn't hooked up anymore.

10. sgtsjj

I do like the recons scanning amber light strip, definitely more amber bulbs on it than the one I was looking at. I appreciate all the help on this guys