1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tailgate Lock

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Z71silverado, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

I have a 07 GMC Sierra Classic but I had a 07 NBS Silverado that had a locking tailgate. I want to have one on my GMC but can't find one I like and was wondering if anyone knew if the insides of the tailgate (handle linkage) are the same or not so that I can just switch over the handle, the bezel, and have the lock rekeyed. I know that the newer style bezel is larger than the one I have now but from looking at it, it should cover the hole from the original one. I don't want a pop lock as I want to have only one key(the ignition key) to operate the lock. Does anyone know of a aftermarket lock for the tailgate that can be rekeyed to work with the ignition key?
  2. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord Rockstar

3. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

AZ that is exactly what I want but I'm not sure if it will work with the classic as far as hooking up with the insides of the tailgaite