1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tailgate theft

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by doubt_me_now, Sep 16, 2007.

1. doubt_me_now

doubt_me_now Member

has everyone seen ads on tailgate theft deterrent sytems like this one http://www.saveyourtailgate.com/ well i suggest it to all of you who has a custom tailgate my buddy spent $600 to get his tailgate custome for his s-10 and sombody stole it the other night while it was parked in his driveway the cops got a pretty good laugh out of it i never thought someone would still a tailgate till now
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Every truck since 2000 has had the ability to lock the tailgate, hasn't it?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

OIC, it locks down the side that slides up and down. I guess you would unlock your tailgate if you were going into a store to buy something so you wouldn't have to unlock it when you get back to your truck.
  4. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i have seen it but i did know someone who worked for walmart that had theres stolen from the walmart pklot , this was back in 95 and it was parked out in Boony land cause walmart wanted there employees to park there vehicles far away and they told the girl who owned the truck they was not taking any responsibility for it. so she was sol and out of a tail gate.
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Get out your engraving pens....

Here in SoCal, the target is no longer tailgates, but 3rd row seating in SUV's. The Long Beach PD is even offering free engraving to help stem the tide. See: KCALNEWS Just searching craigslist turns up more than a dozen seats ranging between $300 to $950. How many of those are legit? Why hold up a liquor store for $50 and a pint when you can clear a handfull of Benjamins with a quick smash and grab on the nearest Escalade?
  6. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

a few months back some people in MD were stealing catalytic converters off trucks and SUVs... tailgates, WEIRD