tailights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by npverhey1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

Does anyone know how to tint out the tail lights or any place you can buy them. A firned told me to pull them off and buy some rc car paint and do a light coat of tint in the inside, is this right??

2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can use window tint to do tail lights. I know in CT tinting them is illegal but if you use window tint you can just peel it off rather than having to buy new tail lights. I think places like autozone sell the tint. If you don't care about tickets or its legal to tint in your state, you can get this stuff called nightshade. It is spray on tint for the outside of the light. I have seen it come out good and I've seen it come out terrible. It's all about the prep work.

3. dannyboy1015

dannyboy1015 New Member

autozone has a paint especially for tail lights called smoke lights or somthing like that but its cheap its like 15 bucks top i think if not decalfx.com has a kit check it out

4. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

alright i ll give that a try thanks

5. highrise

highrise New Member

post some pics of it when ur done. also has anyone installed those new LED tail lights yet? Are there any problems, easy to install? I have a 08 silverado and looking at the red smoke ones from xtralights.com. also has anyone purchased from them?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2008
  6. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

i havent myself, but ive read some other peoples posts on the subject and some people were saying that its not too good of a fit

7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a friend that pulls of his lights at a body shop and they paint "smoke" over them. He likes it because you stand there nand watch the layers get applied and choose how much you want smoked.

8. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

you can buy tinted lights on Ebay pretty cheap.

9. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

window tint? how will that work with the curves?

10. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 Rockstar 100 Posts

That's what I was wondering. Though, you may be able to use slight heat and stretch it like you can with decals..? Though I have never messed with window tint before..