1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tailpipe Preferences?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by McClintoc, Jul 19, 2013.

?

What is your prefered tailpipe look?

1. Stock/Single rear pipe

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Side pipes - out the side before the rear axle

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Dual straight pipes out the rear

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  4. Dual angled pipes out the rear

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. None - tailpipe delete

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Other - explain

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

For the longest time, I loved the look of dual straight pipes out the rear. When it came time to do my own exhaust, I went the tailpipe delete. I like the clean, no tailpipe, look much better. That got me thinking: with so many options, what tailpipe look do you prefer?
  2. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

wasn't sure how to vote because I like the stock exit, duals out the back, and none at all equally.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

For me it depends on the vehicle.
    My d/d has duals out the back with chrome tips.
    My trail truck has duals angled out the sides behind the rear wheels to get fumes away from the cab and so I dont blow dust/exhaust on the trucks in line behind me.
    My Jeep has duals out the sides in front of the rear tires since it sounds best that way and its really a street vehicle.
    My Nova has hidden dual dumps that blows the exhaust below the rear bumper at each corner.
  4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member

I like dual angled tips out the side behind the rear tires. Gets allot of the sound out from under the truck... and allows me to here it bounce of vehicles, houses, etc as I pass. :)
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

I installed mine angled out the back for the look. I like that better than straight pipes.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i had duals out the back on my last two trucks, stayed with the stock pipe on my truck when i had the muffler done, and threw a black chrome tip on it. I really like it.

Alex
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

Always loved straight on the back, rolled tipped dual exhaust on Silverado's
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

Good timing for this question, I just changed mine from straight out the back to side exit before the rear tire! No real preference either way, just wanted to change it up.
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

If i had a diesel it would have stacks in the bed, if its a gas engine I prefer open long tube headers with no exhaust. That's how I roll on mine...
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Lol, stacks. A good buddy of mine has an older (mid 90s) RCLB 2500 Silverado. It has dual stacks in the bed. Personally, I'm not a fan of stacks but if you're gonna have them, there had better be two, not just a single stack in the bed! :p