Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tailpipe Preferences?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by McClintoc, Jul 19, 2013.

?

What is your prefered tailpipe look?

1. Stock/Single rear pipe

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Side pipes - out the side before the rear axle

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Dual straight pipes out the rear

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  4. Dual angled pipes out the rear

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. None - tailpipe delete

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Other - explain

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Did you do both pipes out of one side or a pipe out each side before the tires??
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It's the Gibson Supertruck system, single in dual out, both pipes exit on the passenger side.My original system (straight out the back) rusted through and Gibson were good enough to give me a warranty upgrade to full stainless. I posted about it in my "truck changes" thread.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...truck-as-it-s-gone-through-it-s-changes/page5
  3. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

On my 2008 Silverado I had a catback dual exhaust with slash cut chrome exhaust tips coming straight out of the back under the bumper.

My 2013 has the side exhaust exit with the bowtie emblem chrome exhaust tip.

I perfer the first, but the second looks good too.
  4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i had d/o the rear and i liked it until the exhaust moved and made it look like one side drop. I prefer to run either turn downs after the axel or before the axel depending on what i use the vechial for and i think it looks cleaner
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I love the factory exhaust because of its corrosion resistance and it still looks great. I will likely keep the factory set up until I replace my cats that are close to dead, but need to find a stainless exhaust that will last like the factory one. The exhaust is duel out of the engine until the muffler then its single.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

For me it depends on the vehicle. On my yukon xl I like the factory exit. Chances are if I ever do exhaust on it I will just duplicate the duel in duel out muffler and tail pipe setup. That is of course unless I come into some unexpected cash and do a Corsa system. Even then I would do the behind the passenger rear tire exit like oem. On my 95 I had them straight out of the rear with chrome tips on each side of the hitch.
  7. AR Maker

AR Maker New Member

I really think it depends on the vehicle and its intended use.
  8. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I prefer my exhaust to exit out the side in front of the rear tires.
  9. Only1Moore

Only1Moore New Member

I like the dual tailpipes. The most impressive one I've seen so far are the 2013 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum trim.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Im a Dual straight out the rear myself. Tips are fine but one of my pet peeves is MAKE SURE THEY ARE EVENLY MOUNTED!!! I dont know how many times I see one a little closer to center or one is dropped lower than the other. Kinda drives me nuts..:rules:should be a rule IMO. I also realize that getting the mounting perfect can sometimes be a PITA.