1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taking apart Dash Bezel 09 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 09Z71, Nov 14, 2009.

1. 09Z71

09Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys, it's been awhile.

i just ordered the DIC for my Silverado LT and was wondering how to take the left portion of the dash off where the lights are. i tried gently pulling on it but i think i might have to remove something else before i can take that piece off. i don't want to break it, even though it wouldn't be a massive deal if it accidently cracked or something. thanks.
  2. white07gmc

white07gmc New Member

I installed mine in my 07 Sierra and I had to pull hard on the top and it popped off. It will come off trust me and there isn't anything you need to unscrew on the back.
  3. chevycamarado

chevycamarado Member

I felt the same way when installing my DIC. Dont worry, pulling wont break anything. Be sure to take off the parking brake first. I believe its a 10mm socket??
  4. 09Z71

09Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks guy's I'll give it a try!
  5. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I didn't have to do anything with the parking break on mine....