Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Taking off CHEVROLET emblem and Where to install a CB??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by imacarbuff, Aug 29, 2010.

1. imacarbuff

imacarbuff New Member

Anyone know if the Chevrolet emblem on the back liftgate is just on with adhesive on a 02 Trailblazer?
    Also, I'm working now in an industrial area-lots of truck traffic-it would help to stick an old Cobra CB I have had just lying around in my truck.....but I don't see a good spot to put it. Any ideas? Thanks

2. hearseman

hearseman New Member

i'm pretty sure they are just 3m tape. not 100% sure but your best bet to get it off is use a guitar string to saw behind it (it's an old school trick)

3. BigRobSA

BigRobSA Member

The little gold bowtie is simply applied with double-sided tape. You can just pull off and use alcohol or goo-gone to remove the left-over adhesive. It leaves the silver colored bowtie, which is also only "stuck" on there, no bolts/screws.

The one on the grill IS bolted in. You have to remove the grill, then onbolt it from behind the grill.

4. imacarbuff

imacarbuff New Member

Mine is an '02 Trailblazer.......it has the word C H E V R O L E T which is about 10-12" long on the lower right-hand side of the liftgate. I know the newer ones have the gold bow-tie emblem in the middle.

Thanks for looking.

5. blackedoutblazer

blackedoutblazer New Member

yea just use either wax string or fishing line under the chevrolet sign and saw it back and forth to remove it then use goo-gone to remove it. easy i debadged my entire TB even the side molding. im going more for the SS look

6. tt03tbltz

tt03tbltz New Member

fishing line to remove the badges and install the cb in the centerconsole thats what my buddy did.