Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Talk to me about Performance Chips

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by Willow, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Willow

Willow Member

Are they worth it? Do they increase HP, torque and fuel economy or is it a ploy? Is there a difference in chips? If so- what ones are better and why? Looking at a G Force for my 2002 Silverado.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    Programmers/Tuning

In this Section it will net you a higher count of replies,
    to your questions.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

g-force chip hahah.. THAT is a ploy/scam... get yourself a diablosport inTune or Trinity programmer and flash your pcm the correct way with a tune....

full data logging capabilities... read/clear trouble codes... has preset tunes on it for 87 octane and 91+ octane... tranny adjustments... most end-user adjustable parameters available of any handheld programmer... PLUS you can get custom tuning done for it/your vehicle for even more/better gains & performance - can't do that with the others, you're stuck with whatever tunes they give you on it....

http://diablosport.com/products/intune.html

http://diablosport.com/products/trinity.html

any questions, please feel free to hit me up!

thanks!

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

In a 315HP engine, an increase of 20HP is not going to be that noticeable. What programmer allow you to do is change things like tire size, axle ratio, shift points and firmness, top speed limiter.