Tar Remover

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Hamelfire, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

Anybody know what else will take Tar oil off a window? I have tried Bug and Tar Remover and Simple Green. I'm out of ideas.:neutral:

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Razor blade? Goo-gone?

3. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

I tried the razor blade, lightly but was afraid of scratching the window. I'll give go-gone a try I haden't thought of that. Thanks

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The razor blade, if used in one of the holders, should be relatively safe. Just make sure to hold it at a severe angle. Should take care of the biggest part of tar. Good luck with it all and let us know how it all goes!

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

a detailer once told me that you will often see tar specs on the paint and windows and such, and i did have some on my truck. he said dake carb cleaner and a cotton cloth, spray the cloth, not the vehicle, and wipe.

6. Hamelfire

Hamelfire Member

It's on my wifes cavalier. She drove thru the tac oil too fast and it's on th passenger windo. I'll give it a try. It's been there for months now

7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i watched him do it on my truck. the tar was all over the hood. io had the truck for 1.5 years then, and he took it right off no problem. he did suggest washing and waxing right after doing it though

8. nad

nad New Member

Tarminator. You can get it from wal-mart.