1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Target Credit Card ... not a good experience

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

So I got a $500 TV like in February, and put down part of it on a new Target credit card that I opened up just to get 10% off the purchase. That's how they get you!

I returned the TV like one week later and they didn't credit back all of the money to the credit card, they put it back on my debit card and left a small balance on the credit card! I don't think I knew that.

So I forgot about the card, they sent two or three notices, I looked at the first one and I thought they would correct it, I only got two notices and nothing else. I kinda figured that they had corrected it maybe. Turns out there was like a $25 balance on the TARGET CREDIT CARD that has now charged off and they say that I owe them $168.41.

That kind of chaps me, becuase the balance was supposed to be ZERO dollars, but they left $25 on there, and now with late fees and interest, it's $168.41 and it's charged off. So this will cost me $$thousands in extra interest payments.

My advice. Get a loan ONLY for a house, an education and a vehicle. Everything else, save up and pay cash!

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Steve, and yeah i agree on when to get a loan!