Tax Return: Traction bars or Mighty Demon 750?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 04SilveradoMykk, Feb 10, 2010.

1. 04SilveradoMykk

04SilveradoMykk Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey Guys,

My tax return arrived. And I can only afford to purchase one of two things on my list.

KBracing traction bars. Since I've got massive wheel hop/axle wrap issues. If I purchase these I'll have some more $$ in my pocket afterward
    [​IMG]

or

Barry Grant Mighty Demon 750cfm, down leg boosters, mechanical sec. To replace the Speed Demon 650 vac sec. I would run this carb on my 357ci, and than when the 385ci is built I'll run it on the stroker too.

[​IMG]

This purchase would eat up most of my return. But I'd have enough left over for a good meal with a couple drinks :p

What would you guys do?

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well that is a tuff decision, I think I would go with the traction bars. I know you probably race the truck a lot, so the wheel hop takes off several tenths in the 1/4 mile. Although on the other hand the carb would be sweet too, but I would get annoyed more with the wheel hop than anything!

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

good to hear from you again man. I would go for traction, cause the wrap is going to destroy stuff, if what I've heard is true. lets us know what you do.

4. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I'd go traction bars because it sounds like you NEED them a lot more than the carb set up.

5. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would say the tractions bars would be the best so you take car of the wheel hop.