Tax Return: Traction bars or Mighty Demon 750?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 04SilveradoMykk, Feb 10, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. 04SilveradoMykk

04SilveradoMykk New Member 100 Posts

Hey Guys,

My tax return arrived. And I can only afford to purchase one of two things on my list.

KBracing traction bars. Since I've got massive wheel hop/axle wrap issues. If I purchase these I'll have some more $$ in my pocket afterward
    [​IMG]

or

Barry Grant Mighty Demon 750cfm, down leg boosters, mechanical sec. To replace the Speed Demon 650 vac sec. I would run this carb on my 357ci, and than when the 385ci is built I'll run it on the stroker too.

[​IMG]

This purchase would eat up most of my return. But I'd have enough left over for a good meal with a couple drinks :p

What would you guys do?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well that is a tuff decision, I think I would go with the traction bars. I know you probably race the truck a lot, so the wheel hop takes off several tenths in the 1/4 mile. Although on the other hand the carb would be sweet too, but I would get annoyed more with the wheel hop than anything!
  3. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

good to hear from you again man. I would go for traction, cause the wrap is going to destroy stuff, if what I've heard is true. lets us know what you do.
  4. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member 100 Posts

I'd go traction bars because it sounds like you NEED them a lot more than the carb set up.
  5. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would say the tractions bars would be the best so you take car of the wheel hop.