Tax software - recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ProzacKid, Jan 9, 2008.

1. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm not sure if I want to go with the H&R block, Turbo Tax or some other tax software. Maybe I should just go online. Can someone tell me if they had good or bad luck with one of these?

2. Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke Rockstar 100 Posts

Great luck with Turbo Tax. You can run diff. stratagies

3. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have been using turbo tax for close to 8 years.. great to use.

4. Dj Friction

Dj Friction Rockstar 100 Posts

Turbo Tax........7 yrs for me ....and I would not use anything else!!!!

5. 62930-03

62930-03 Rockstar

Turbo Tax for about 7 years, cant go wrong with it.

6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

For the first few years I purchased new software every year for Turbo tax. The last 3 years I have just went to their website and did my taxes online (same cost I think) and have been very happy with it!:great:

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

jumping on the bandwagon, I'm a TurboTax fan. I think I've only used it for 3 years, but I've only had enough income to be taxed for 3 years now :)

8. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

tried H&r block ..their buncha block heads
    turbo tax since then for 5 years now and love it and i think that there is an option for audit protection for the IRS

9. sgt_in_usaf

sgt_in_usaf Rockstar

I've been with HR Block for 7 years. Go with TaxCut! Very fast and efficient. (I may be biased though since I get TaxCut free for being military and turbo tax doesn't)

10. GMC era

GMC era Rockstar

I'll jump on with H&R Block, TaxCut. I have used it for 5 years and you can also print it before you send it in and take it in to their office and they will check it for free. If there are any mistakes they will go over them with you and you can either have them send it or go back home and fix it yourself and send it in yourself.