1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tb spacer review

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by raisor87, Jul 19, 2008.

1. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

I know most people don't believe in TB spacers unless you have forced induction or juice, but I was given a trans dapt swirl spacer for free. It took about 25 minutes to install and was about as easy as it gets. Right off as I started my truck I noticed the idle was slightly smoother, I also thoroughly cleaned the throttle body its self so this probably contributed. Throttle response was mildly improved as was acceleration, not really that noticeable in the seat of the pants but 0 to 40 mph did improve by a tenth of a second. If I would have paid $90 or better for a jet or other name brand spacer I would be likely to slam it but for free its alright. Plus I do have other projects in mind for later that this will lend some airflow and power to. MPG report will come in the following week. Currently 12mpg city 16-19mpg highway depending on how heavy my foot is that day
  2. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

Highway MPG improved by about 2 at 65 to 70 MPH no changes in driving style
    City MPG decreased by around 3 to 4 MPG:grrrrrr: not happy about this

Currently 19MPG highway 10MPG city and I have a tri fold bed cover which helps slightly on the highway.