1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tbi injectors

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cwbontheyfz, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

im wanting to put the bigger 454 injectors on my 350 my question is if the injector pods are the same size. what i mean is if i can pull the injectors out of the 454 pods and put them in the 350 pods my reason is that the fuel inlet on the 454 pods is broken. any info will help guy thanks.
  2. MightyMax

MightyMax Rockstar 100 Posts

If you do the swap, you may have to change the fuel pump, so you get more pressure.
  3. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

yeah i was told that a adjustable fuel pressure regulator will take care of the pressure difference i just need to know if the pods are the same
  4. MightyMax

Sorry I don't know the answer to that. :(
  5. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

thats alright thanks. i have talked to a bunch of different people and noone seems to know the answer
  6. MightyMax

See if murdog replies...
    He usually has a good handle on these things.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Try TurboCity.com, they do alot of TBI mods.
  8. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

GM used 3 TBI housings, the 454 got a larger bore than the 4.3 & small block V-8's and the 2.8, 3.2 & 3.4 v-6 was the smallest.

The 4.3 injectors did fit into the smallest TBI housing when I put the 3.4L crate engine in my S-10. The only difference was the flow rate...

I remember that the TBI ECM could handle up to a 10% increase in displacement and going from a 2.8 to a 3.4 was more like 20% so I went to the 4.3L injector to fool the 2/8L ECM...

The injectors are the same size. The small block TBI housing is not the same throttle bore size as the big block. I would be concerned over the higher flow rate if you have not modified your engine's ability to breath better you will be running too rich.
  9. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

thanks for the info wis bang. i have dramatically increased the flow of my engine i have put cold air intake eddlebrock performer intake manafold cam full length headers and true dual 2.25 inch exhaust. im going to pull the injectors out this weekend and install the big block injectors and see what i end up with that is if summit sends me my fuel pressure regulator tomorrow.