Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Technology - Take it or Leave it

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Gmcsuvguy, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok who out there is tired of all the bl@@dy technology in these new vehicles? I left GM 2 years ago after working for them for 15 years and all I saw was more electrical problems, more modules requiring programming. This module running that module to run that component...Argh!! What was wrong with running a power wire to a relay from a switch to run your windows, why do you need a computer to run it? More things to go wrong! Who needs heated and air conditioned SEATS!! My vehicles are on the cusp of the technology forefront, I amdreading the day (in 5-8 years(I hope)) when I'll have to replace my vehicles and get something new or newer. Thats all I have to say about that...for now. Sorry about the rant, just reading these posts all the time thats just about all you see. Ok now I'm done. Later...:no:

2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm all about newer technology as long as it works. It's the way of the future (and present), man. Better get used to it if you hope to eventually buy a new vehiclely. :) Especially as we continue moving towards more environmentally friendly and fuel efficient vehicles, such as electric cars, hybrids, hydrogen powered, etc.

But hey, there will always be plenty of used vehicles out there that might suite your needs!

3. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

Of course technology is better "as long as it works" but you know as well as I do that it only works for so long then it needs diagnosing, replacing, reprogramming....

4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I hate my TPMS system. When I bought the truck the sensors were always giving miss readings. I don't need to know if my tire has 1 less psi in it. I changed tires and conviently left them out. I can live with a light on the dash.