1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tell me if this is fair

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McMahan, Jun 26, 2011.

1. McMahan

McMahan New Member 100 Posts

new Boss 302 vs stock Camaro SS found this on another forum, watch the vid and tell me what yall think

the pusstang is designed as a road car vs the stock SS, Ford sure does go the extra step to beat Chevy got to take a modded car and put it up against a stock car. I would like to see the Boss go head to head with a Z06, ZR1 or hell even a C6R lol
    the new CTS-V would kill it on the track

http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?20000-WATCH-Our-2012-Boss-302-Mustang-vs.-a-Camaro-SS
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. 383man

383man New Member 100 Posts

pretty much like you said, a modded track car against a stock street car, pretty biased.
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Kind of falls under the "truth in advertising" or competitive fairness mantras, or the lack thereof.
    If they can fool 5 or 10 percent of the potential customers then there's just more $$$ in their coffers
  4. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member 100 Posts

Ford is finally making a come back in the sport/muscle car market after being largely absent for the past 20 years. I see Dodge has also released their Mopar 10 package which is a daily driver track car. Maybe this will put a fire under GM @ss to put something serious out in the market, especially when 400hp is becoming common place.

2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca is probably something GM may compete with, but the new 2012 Super Cobra Jet is just crazy fast ( 9sec 1/4 miles as delivered from ford ).

I guess the CTS V is decent competitor to the mustang boss, but that is quite a bit more cash.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  5. McMahan

All very good points guys, GM needs to get off there butts and build a good track/muscle car that's affordable and not in corvette pricing. I have been waiting to see if the new ZL1 Camaro comes out and pricing ect.. but I dont want to spend another 65K + on another vehicle.

I am hopeing for a new Silverado SS soon, I tried to order a scsb with the 6.2L in it and GM wouldn't even give me the option of the 6.2 in a scsb I was pissed
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When i bought my last New Gm truck i wanted an EXT cab short bed with a 5.3L and a 6spd.. they said the only way i was going to get a stick was to get a 4.8L or go to a 3/4ton, and the 4.8L would only be backed by a 5spd.. Gm needs to wake up and at least offer the option to get a vehicle the way we want them.
    As to the mustang comment i love the mustang and camaro, and any muscle car in general expecially todays when even the base model with a V-6 will spank an old BB car.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've said it before and I will say it again.. In the marketing Dept Ford Spanks GM....Just look at the Raptor or the Harley Trucks. They sell out very fast at dealers. If I remember reading this right the V6's Mustang and Camero The Stang beat the Camero too.... Chevy does have a new Camero coming out next year but so does Ford. I drove the SLP 572HP Camero the other day and that was sweet.....
  8. McMahan

Ford's marketing Dept is on point right now, GM needs to bring back the Performance Div. and get the ball rolling on some new high performance vehicles