Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Temp Actuator - Climate Control: Driver side blowing hot when A/C is on, rewire?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bucd, Jun 22, 2011.

1. bucd

bucd New Member

Newbie here and been reading alot of good stuff on here.

I know this is a known issue, where either left or right temp actuator goes out.

I found a few threads on resetting it, usually only when you replaced the actuator so that it can get reset.

My question is this. can you rewire the left side to the right actuator so that you are bypassing the left alltogether and now both sides are controlled by the right (working one).?

That way you can still control the temp with the right control and not having to buy a replacement left actuator?

I just got the truck and I usually have a budget in mind with extra cash set aside for repairs. I came across this one where I needed to drain my maintenance fund to get it just because i liked it so much. So trying to do workarounds wherever I can if i can.

Any thoughts, helps is appreciated.

this is for a 2004 Silverado LS 2wd.

thanks,

-D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. bucd

bucd New Member

Just wanted to bump this up just in case someone may have some ideas.

-D