1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Temp/Compass in Mirror?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by hdbat3, Jul 13, 2009.

1. hdbat3

hdbat3 New Member

2004 Chevy Silverado. I have recently lost the temp and compass display on my mirror. Any ideas on what I might need to look for in order to get this operational again? I know that it is a minor issue but I kinda got use to looking up there and now there is nothing to look at. Thanks.
  2. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member 100 Posts

It probably the power button on the mirror i think it has a o on it. It not the on star dot if you have on star.
  3. phillistine

phillistine New Member

same deal

03 silverado and I got used to having that little display and it began to work only intermittently then finally quit all together. I took a plastic cover off of a small enclosure attached to the windshield and found a small circuit board. I unplugged and cleaned connections and replaced all parts. The airbag indicator is still working and the auto dim feature is functional. There is NOTHING on the interwebs about this problem. Any ideas appreciated. Next is just a new truck.
  4. Sam_A

Sam_A New Member 100 Posts

Bumping this post. I have the exact same problem on my 03 Silverado. It started working intermittenly and then went out completely. I will try cleaning the connections as suggested above, but would greatly appreciatge any other suggestions. I will post the results after I have cleaned the connections.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

mine did that real intermitent in the cold one day (back in minnesota) but aint done it since. though, now that i think of it, that may of been in the 03. huh.

if it was the current truck, it hasnt been an issue since. i would guess its a connection issue, but thats me.

Alex
  6. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

i have the same issue with my 03...it always worked then started working off and on and now it dont work at all...any suggestions??...now my service air bag soon light is on and stays on
  7. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ok, you revived an old thread..but....see if this helps...this is from another forum that is full of auto repair geeks:

"Some owners may comment of a SIR MIL and if equipped the temperature/compass display on the inside rearview mirror is inoperative. This concern may be caused by the 15 Amp Air Bag Fuse open. Reports from the field have shown in some cases circuit 1139 Yellow may be shorted to ground at the Left I/P Junction Block mounting bracket as shown below."

Recommendation/Instructions:
    To correct the concern repair the wiring as necessary and insulate harness and mounting bracket with foam tape to prevent a reoccurrences

1992370.jpg

8. sstoner911

Oh and I have seen some people pull the air bag fuse and it goes away also....
  9. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

It'd also go away if they played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded M1911. Cheeeez, unplugging the airbags?
  10. sstoner911

I said the fuse....not the air bags themselves.

Totally different things.