1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Temp Sensor

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by William 06TBLS, Feb 16, 2007.

1. William 06TBLS

William 06TBLS New Member

Hello Everyone,

I got a question. I am trying to locate the temp sensor under the hood that would go to the Compass/ Temp Mirror as I want to install that mirror. I have picture with a couple things pointed out as I was told it was in this general area, but cant get anymore info. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
    Bill
    [​IMG]
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It should be clipped to the center support behind the grill, below the hood latch. ((There may be an Airbag sensor nearby these have YELLOW connectors on them don't mess with it.)) The temp sensor will have a black wiring connector on it. Can't really tell from picture without putting my mitts on it.
  3. William 06TBLS

William 06TBLS New Member

Thank you for the response Cableguy. You have given me a good area to look in. I do have another question. If I happen to not have the sensor would the plug be there for it and all I have to do is buy a sensor and plug it in or do I have to just give up the idea of have a temp in my mirror (I dont really feel like taping into the vehicles electrial to hook it up)?

Bill
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have found in the past some options are wired to the area. Kinda ready to go. Coiled up somewhere (under hood, behind door panel) sometimes??
    Good luck though
    1 person likes this.